About the project:
To respond to the crisis, Terre des hommes (Tdh) is deploying fixed and mobile teams to transit, reception and community centres in Moldova to provide essential child protection, psychological support, information and referral services to children, youth, mothers, and other vulnerable people who have been displaced from Ukraine. Tdh will also deliver capacity-building services to local service providers and community and volunteer groups on child protection, safeguarding, trafficking risks and similar needs. In addition, Tdh is planning to distribute kits (hygiene kits, dignity kits etc.) based on necessities to address immediate and basic needs.
About the role:
Tdh is looking for a M&E Officer to conduct and support the delivery of all monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities, including managing the collection, quality assurance, analysis and presentation of data related to beneficiary needs as well as activity outputs and outcomes. The M&E Officer will be working on one or more specific, donor-funded projects, but may also be requested to input into complementary M&E tasks depending on the evolution of the emergency and the changes in workload.
MEAL Officer – main roles and responsibilities
- Supports the M&E manager in the regular fine-tuning of the country-level project M&E plan, based on how the emergency and the project/s develop and in line with the regional emergency response M&E plan and Tdh’s programmatic and Quality and Accountability policies and orientations;
- Leads on the preparation of paper-based and/or electronic/mobile data collection, analysis and management tools, monitoring tools, needs assessment tools and related work plans and database setup, in cooperation with and under the guidance of the M&E Manager;
- Conducts regular monitoring and evaluation visits to project locations, gathering data from beneficiaries and stakeholders (surveys, interviews, focus groups or group interviews, observation, etc.);
- Trains and guides fixed and mobile team staff on how to administer assessment, tracking and monitoring tools, use platforms, fill, and submit forms;
- Manages collected data across the data management cycle, ensuring databases are properly set up, and data is entered, stored, cleaned, analysed, and shared safely, including meeting data protection requirements (in particular sensitive data, where collected).
Reports to: Emergency Regional M&E Manager with functional line to the Regional Quality & Accountability Advisor for Europe
- Immediate availability (essential)
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation (essential) and in the area of child protection and/or migration (an asset);
- Experience in planning, designing, and implementing quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, methods and analysis processes for both output and outcome level monitoring (an asset);
- Skills in designing and managing tools for entering, compiling, pre-analyzing data, and understanding of database issues;
- Sound data analysis and presentation skills, with both quantitative and qualitative datasets (an asset);
- Good knowledge of English and in Romanian/Russian (essential for communication with both field teams and Tdh back-office teams)
Familiarity and experience with Mobile Data Collection and online survey platforms (e.g., Kobo, SurveyCTO, CommCare, SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, etc.), (an asset).
The evaluation of the applications is continuous, and recruitment may close shortly. Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested at firstname.lastname@example.org, by sending a CV and motivation letter (max 1 page)
Please make sure your CV and motivation letter clearly outline how you think you are the best fit for the job and how you would pick up the role immediately in this emergency’s dynamic and changing environment.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection, migration, access to justice and health projects, we support more than 4 million children and their families in more than 30 countries each year.
Working in Moldova since 2004, Terre des hommes is dedicated to ensuring the fulfilment of Children’s fundamental rights and the proper protection of all children in Moldova. More information about the work of Terre des hommes may be obtained on our websites: www.tdh.md; www.tdh.ch.