Terre des hommes is looking for a Project Coordinator to join its team in Moldova. The project coordinator will be part of Emergency Program of Terre des hommes in Moldova in charge of the overall implementation and coordination of the project’s activities and reporting obligations, as well as the establishment and nurturing of partnering relations with local, national and international stakeholders. The successful candidate speaks English, Romanian, and Russian.
- Under the guidance of the Tdh Regional Emergency Coordinator contribute to the programme development on Emergency Response and develop detailed monthly/weekly implementation plans
- Supervise project implementation, including synergies with the other programme components of the organization in Moldova;
- Ensure high quality project implementation in accordance with donor and TDH regulations as well as in line with agreed log frames/indicators, budgets, procurement plans, and work plans.
- Ensure that all Project staff are provided with a full induction and are briefed on all relevant components of the Emergency project;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other actors, donors, and key stakeholders and raise visibility around TDH response
- Motivate, coordinate and supervise teams, providing continuous organizational support to staff and conducting regular field visits.
The Regional Emergency Coordinator will report to Tdh Regional Emergency Coordinator, Tdh Moldova Programme Manager.
Knowledge, Attitude and Experience Required
- At least 3 years of experience in working with civil society grants programs, including monitoring activity and financial milestones, reporting on results, and ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
- Familiarity with public and private donor rules and regulations.
- Experience of working in rural communities and with grass-roots organizations is an asset.
- Experience of working with child protection, social inclusion, or community development projects and organizations is an asset. Child protection attitude is a requirement.
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work in a team in a consensual manner and to encourage full participation.
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure, work with limited supervision.
- University degree in management, law, social assistance or other related field.
Please send your CV and a maximum one page letter of motivation in English or Romanian language to email@example.com, no later than May 1st, 2022. Please indicate “Project Coordinator” in the subject line. The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Background on Terre des hommes
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organization for child relief. Founded in 1960, Terre des hommes helps to build a better future for disadvantages children and their communities. Tdh is active in 35 countries around the world and, in 2020 alone, provided aid to 4,8 million children and their close families. Working in Moldova since 2004, Terre des hommes is dedicated to ensuring the fulfilment of Children’s fundamental rights and the proper protection of all children in Moldova. More information about the work of Terre des hommes may be obtained on our websites: www.tdh.md; www.tdh.ch